Apple Salad Recipes and the Antipasto Salad Recipe
Meals are not complete without a good salad. Antipasto salad, apple and fennel salad, and apple cider salad are 3 delicious salads that are easy and quick to prepare.
Here are the 3 recipes for you to try at home:
1. Antipasto Salad
– 16 oz. pkg fresh/frozen cheese tortellini
– 4 ounces chopped salami
– 4 ounces provolone cheese, cut into – 2 x 1/4″ strips
– 11 oz. can corn – drained
– 9 oz. package frozen spinach, thawed – squeezed to drain
– 6 oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts – drained/chopped
– 6 ounce can pitted ripe olives – drained/sliced
– 1 1/2 cups prepared creamy Italian salad dressing
– 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
– 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 2 ounce jar diced pimiento, drained – if desired
– Cook tortellini to desired doneness as directed on package; drain, rinse with cold water.
– In very large bowl, combine tortellini, salami, provolone cheese, corn, spinach, artichoke hearts and 1 cup of the olives.
– In small bowl, combine salad dressing, mustard and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese; blend well.
– Pour dressing over salad; toss gently.
– Top with remaining olives and Parmesan cheese.
– Cover; refrigerate 1 – 2 hours to blend flavors.
Just before serving, garnish with pimiento
2. Apple and Fennel Salad
– 5 ounces Fresh Spinach
– 1 each Small Fennel Head – sliced
– 2 each Medium Granny Smith Apples
– 1 each Small Red Onion – sliced
– The Granny Smith apples should be peeled and cubed.
– Thoroughly wash spinach, removing fibrous stems.
– Dry and place in salad bowl.
– Add fennel, apples and onions.
– Toss with Celery Seed Dressing.
– Trim with fennel tops.
3. Apple Cider Salad
– 2 packages gelatin powder – unflavored
– 2 cups apple cider
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 2 cups apples – diced
– 1/4 cup black walnuts – chopped
– 1 tablespoon chopped parsley cooking oil lettuce leaves for decoration
– Put 1/2 cup cold water into a small bowl.
– Sprinkle two envelopes (2 tablespoons) of unflavored gelatin on water.
– Let stand 5-10 minutes to soften.
– Heat 2 cups apple cider until very hot; add salt. Remove from heat and immediately add softened gelatin.
– Stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
– Have a 1 quart mold lightly greased with cooking oil.
– Do not use olive oil. Spoon about 1/2 cup of gelatin mixture into mold and place in refrigerator.
– Chill remaining mixture until slightly thicker than consistency of unbeaten egg white.
– Just before large bowl of gelatin is desired consistency, dice apples and chop walnuts and parsley.
– Add this to the gelatin and place into the mold which already has thin bottom layer of gelatin.
– Chill until set.
– Unmold onto serving plate which has been decorated with lettuce leaves; curly endive is a good choice.